January 20, 2006, Columbia, SC - SCANA, SCE&G, S.C. Pipeline Corp. and SCANA Communications paid more than $100 million in property taxes in South Carolina in 2005. The tax dollars are used to support education and other critical public services in the state's local communities.
The largest single tax payment was made to Richland County in the amount of $19.8 million. Other payments included:
- $19.1 million to Fairfield County
- $11.1 million to Lexington County
- $10.4 million to Orangeburg County
- $7.7 million to Charleston County
- $7.7 million to Aiken County
- $6.5 million to Jasper County
- $4.5 million to Berkeley County
- $2.5 million to Dorchester County
- $1.0 million to Barnwell County
Additional payments were made to 32 other counties throughout the state.