Cayce, S.C. (Jan. 22, 2010) – SCANA Corp. and its subsidiaries, including South Carolina Electric & Gas Company, paid more than $130.4 million in property taxes in South Carolina in 2009.
“Those dollars will help support schools, police, fire and other critical public services in the communities we serve,” said SCANA spokesperson Eric Boomhower.
The largest single tax payment was made to Richland County in the amount of $23.8 million. Other significant payments included:
- $21.6 million to Lexington County
- $21.2 million to Fairfield County
- $10.3 million to Orangeburg County
- $9.8 million to Charleston County
- $8 million to Aiken County
- $5.9 million to Jasper County
- $4.9 million to Berkeley County
- $4.3 million to Colleton County
- $3.6 million to Dorchester County
- $3.3 million to Beaufort County
- $1.9 million to Hampton County
- $1.3 million to Barnwell County
SCANA Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Cayce, SC, is an energy-based holding company principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in electric and natural gas utility operations and other energy-related businesses. The Company serves approximately 654,000 electric customers in South Carolina and more than 1.2 million natural gas customers in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. Information about SCANA and its businesses is available on the company’s Web site at www.scana.com.