Providing safe, reliable power sometimes requires a little maintenance. SCE&G employees and authorized contractors will occasionally be dispatched to your home to perform meter work and other services; however, those company representatives will NOT ask for or accept payment for those services.
If you are unsure whether someone is a legitimate SCE&G employee, ask for identification or call customer service at 1-800-251-7234.
These tips will help you and your family know how to identify someone as a legitimate SCE&G representative:
- Field employees are identified by their official blue or blue/gray SCE&G uniforms, white company ID badges with photo and marked SCE&G truck.
- SCE&G contracts Tru-Check meter readers throughout its service territory. Tru-Check contractors drive red or white vehicles marked with a visible sign reading "Authorized Contractor." They also wear red or white shirts with individual badges identifying them as SCE&G contractors.
- Do not let anyone into your home until you have confirmed they are an SCE&G employee through either photo ID or customer service.
- SCE&G almost always notifies customers by phone or in writing before an employee is scheduled to arrive at their home to perform work, with the exception of emergencies.
- SCE&G does not solicit repair work door to door.
- Call the police or 911 immediately if you believe someone is an imposter.