No matter what the weather or the season, you can enjoy cooking, entertaining or just relaxing on a deck or patio that is every bit as comfortable as the inside of your home. It's easy when you create an outdoor room.
An outdoor room is really nothing more than an outdoor space for cooking, eating and entertaining. If you have a backyard, deck or a patio, you already have the beginnings of one.
Natural gas amenities can transform any outdoor space into an outdoor oasis. If your home already uses natural gas for heating, the same pipes that supply gas to your furnace can be used to supply energy for gas fireplaces, outdoor lights and other natural gas products.
- Gas fireplaces and fire pits are engineered to provide fuel-efficient, fuss-free flames at the flick of a switch. You can enjoy a cozy fire instantly, when you want it. There's no wood to buy, haul or store, which means less mess and less hassle.
- Natural gas grills are convenient because they don't have tanks that take up space or run out of fuel mid-meal. When you cook with a natural gas grill, your food can have the rich, smoked flavor without the mess and long warm-up time of charcoal grills.
- Natural gas patio heaters extend the enjoyment of outdoor living and dining on patios, decks and poolside, while spa and pool heaters let you enjoy these amenities year round.
- Natural gas lights add charm, value and security to the outside of your home. Electric lights can't duplicate the same soft, amber glow of gas lights. Gas lights light safely and attractively illuminate yards, driveways, patios, walkways and gardens without the harsh shadows created by electric flood lights. Plus, insects aren't attracted to them.
- Pool and spas stay consistently comfortable when warmed by natural gas. Natural gas heaters heat water twice as fast as electric models, which can reduce the expense of heating your pool or spa.
Learn more about the benefits of grilling with natural gas.
For a list of retailers who offer these natural gas appliances and fixtures, try the Comforts of Home: Buyer's Guide (PDF, 338KB)
Ready to create your own outdoor oasis? Try these Tips for Creating Your Own Outdoor Room (PDF, 336KB)