Cayce, S.C. (April 6, 2017) – SCE&G has expanded a program aimed at helping small businesses better manage their energy costs. Eligibility caps for the company’s Small Business Energy Solutions program have been expanded to increase program participation and help more small businesses realize energy savings.
Launched in late 2014, the turnkey program provides small businesses with up to 80 percent the cost of energy upgrades of lighting or refrigeration. The program is now available to SCE&G small businesses and small nonprofit customers with an annual energy use of 350,000 kWh or less, up from the prior cap of 250,000 kWh. Financial incentives covering 80 percent of most lighting and refrigeration retrofit projects have also been raised from a cap of $4,000 to $6,000.
“SCE&G is committed to helping small businesses manage their energy use effectively,” said Annika Goodson, an energy efficiency program manager with SCE&G. “The changes we’ve made to our Small Business Energy Solutions program allow more small businesses to participate and provide cost-effective measures that can add up to big savings.”
Key Features of SCE&G’s Small Business Energy Solutions Program
- Free onsite energy analysis of lighting or refrigeration usage.
- Simple, cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help manage lighting or refrigeration-related expenses.
- Financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent (not to exceed $6,000) of the total cost of most lighting or refrigeration retrofit projects.
- Fast return on investment.
- Pre-qualified contractors to perform the work at the convenience of the business.
- Removal and environmentally friendly disposal of old fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
Eligibility and Getting Started
The program is available to SCE&G’s small business and small nonprofit customers with five or fewer SCE&G electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kWh or less. To inquire about participation contact SCE&G’s program contractors:
- For lighting services, call Facility Solutions Group at 888-723-4308.
- For refrigeration services, call National Resource Management at 800-377-5439 x134.
Program administrators will use local contractors throughout the company’s service area. SCE&G also offers the EnergyWise for Your Business Program, which provides incentives for energy-efficient equipment installations, including other lighting and HVAC upgrades to commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers of any size. To learn more general information about these programs call 877-784-7234 or visit www.sceg.com/foryourbusiness. About SCE&G
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a regulated public utility engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 709,000 customers in 24 counties in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 358,000 customers in 36 counties in the state.