Cayce, S.C. (Oct. 3, 2017) – October is Energy Action Month, and in observance, SCE&G will conduct volunteer weatherization projects and share energy saving tips.
“Every month is Energy Action Month to us,” said Keller Kissam, president of retail operations for SCE&G. “We’re passionate about providing safe and reliable power to our customers and helping them be as energy efficient as possible. We’re excited about the events and information we’ll share with our customers this month and hope that everyone is able to increase their energy efficiency.”
Each year SCE&G participates in projects where employees volunteer their time to weatherize homes across the company’s service territory, making them more energy efficient through activities such as caulking, weather-stripping, painting, insulating and even replacing windows and doors to make them weather tight. Events are planned throughout the company’s service territory during the month of October.
Energy Saving Tips
Energy Action Month provides SCE&G with an opportunity to give customers even more energy saving tips including:
- Set thermostats at 68°F or lower in the winter and 78°F or higher in the summer;
- Check air filters monthly and change them when dirty or according to manufacturer guidelines;
- Keep HVAC vents and interior doors open to keep air flowing freely to and from the unit;
- Have your central heating and cooling system professionally serviced annually;
- Set your water heater to 120°F and visually inspect it periodically for leaks; and,
- Unplug appliances, lights, TVs and computers when not in use.
For more information about energy saving tips, visit www.sceg.com/energytips.
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a regulated public utility engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 718,000 customers in 24 counties in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 362,000 customers in 35 counties in the state.