Cayce S.C. (Feb. 8, 2018) – Nonprofit agencies and businesses throughout SCE&G’s electric service territory are receiving significant benefits from the company’s Small Business Energy Solutions Program. Eligible participants may receive incentives of up to 80 percent of the cost of most energy-efficiency upgrades to lighting or refrigeration.
Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mercy (OLM) was among nearly 600 participants last year who received incentives totaling more than $2 million. In addition to getting upgrades to existing light fixtures, the Charleston-based organization also was able to replace incandescent light bulbs with more energy efficient LED bulbs.
“The program provided newer and better lighting at a substantial savings in initial cost and future energy savings,” said Kevin Crosby, facilities manager of Sisters of Charity of OLM. “Incentives paid for the majority of the cost before taxes and the payback estimate was less than three years.”
At the beginning of the process, SCE&G’s program contractors scheduled a free on-site energy analysis of the Sisters of Charity facility. After the analysis, local contractors provided a report outlining energy-saving opportunities and associated costs.
“SCE&G and their subcontractor provided excellent service,” said Crosby. “The project was quickly scheduled. The work was performed efficiently with limited interference and inconvenience, and the crew cleaned up as they worked.”
- Free onsite energy analysis of lighting or refrigeration usage.
- Simple, cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help manage lighting or refrigeration-related expenses.
- Financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent (not to exceed $6,000) of the cost of most lighting or refrigeration retrofit projects with a fast return on investment.
- Pre-qualified contractors to perform the work at the convenience of the business.
- Removal and environmentally friendly disposal of old fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
The program is available to SCE&G’s small business and small nonprofit customers with five or fewer SCE&G electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kWh or less. For information about how to participate, contact SCE&G’s program contractors:
- For lighting services, call Facility Solutions Group (FSG) at 888-723-4308.
- For refrigeration services, call National Resource Management (NRM) at 800-377-5439, ext. 134.
SCE&G also offers the EnergyWise for Your Business Program, which provides incentives for energy-efficient equipment installations, including other lighting and HVAC upgrades to commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers of any size. For information about these programs call 877-784-7234 or visit www.sceg.com/foryourbusiness.
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a regulated public utility engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 717,000 customers in 24 counties in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 362,000 customers in 35 counties in the state.