Cayce S.C. (March 15, 2018) – Small businesses and nonprofit agencies in Blackville that are interested in saving energy and money through SCE&G’s Small Business Energy Solutions program will have an opportunity to meet with representatives beginning this week. Qualifying customers could receive incentives that would cover up to 80 percent of the cost of most energy-efficiency upgrades to lighting or refrigeration through the program.
Program representatives will go door-to-door meeting with eligible small business and nonprofit electric customers. To schedule an appointment or for more information, customers can call 877-784-7234 or visit www.sceg.com/Blackville.
“We’re excited to be in Blackville to provide information about the benefits of the Small Business Energy Solutions program,” said Annika Goodson, an energy efficiency program manager at SCE&G. “This program has enabled small business owners throughout our electric service territory to reap significant benefits and invest in their companies and agencies, which trickles down to their customers and the populations they serve. We look forward to bringing those same great energy efficiency solutions and savings to our customers in Blackville.”
- Free onsite energy analysis of lighting or refrigeration usage.
- Simple, cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help manage lighting or refrigeration-related expenses.
- Financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent (not to exceed $6,000) of the cost of most lighting or refrigeration retrofit projects with a fast return on investment.
- Pre-qualified contractors to perform the work at the convenience of the business.
- Removal and environmentally friendly disposal of old fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
The program is available to SCE&G’s small business and small nonprofit customers with five or fewer SCE&G electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kWh or less. For information about how to participate, contact SCE&G’s program contractors:
- For lighting services, call Facility Solutions Group (FSG) at 888-723-4308.
- For refrigeration services, call National Resource Management (NRM) at 800-377-5439, ext. 134.
SCE&G also offers the EnergyWise for Your Business Program, which provides incentives for energy-efficient equipment installations, including other lighting and HVAC upgrades to commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers of any size.
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a regulated public utility engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 719,000 customers in 24 counties in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 368,000 customers in 35 counties in the state.