Cayce, S.C. (July 12, 2018) – More than 245 eligible nonprofit agencies and businesses in Barnwell now have an opportunity to save energy and money by participating in SCE&G’s Small Business Energy Solutions Program. Qualified customers can receive significant savings for an investment of $1,000 or less per project.
To schedule an appointment with a program representative or for more information, including details about eligibility, customers can call 877-784-7234 or visit sceg.com/BARNWELL.
“Last year we contributed nearly $2.1 million in incentives to 600 small business customers,” said Annika Goodson, an energy efficiency program manager at SCE&G. “Since the program began in November 2014, more than 1,600 small business customers have benefitted, on average paying less than $1,000 per project, with SCE&G covering an average of $2,700 per project. As a result of their participation, our customers are able to reinvest the money they save into their agencies and businesses and offer even more to the communities they serve.”
- Free, on-site energy analysis of lighting or refrigeration usage.
- Simple, cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help manage lighting or refrigeration-related expenses.
- Financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent (not to exceed $6,000) of the cost of most lighting or refrigeration retrofit projects with a fast return on investment.
- Pre-qualified contractors to perform the work at the convenience of the business.
- Removal and environmentally friendly disposal of old fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
The program is available to SCE&G’s small business and small nonprofit customers with five or fewer SCE&G electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kWh or less. For information about how to participate, contact SCE&G’s program contractors:
- For lighting services, call Facility Solutions Group (FSG) at 888-723-4308.
- For refrigeration services, call National Resource Management (NRM) at 800-377-5439, ext. 134.
SCE&G also offers the EnergyWise for Your Business Program, which provides incentives for energy-efficient equipment installations, including other lighting and HVAC upgrades to commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers of any size.
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a regulated public utility engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 723,000 customers in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 371,000 customers throughout the state.