- Company pays approximately $17 million more than last year
- Richland, Lexington counties receive largest payments
CAYCE, S.C. (Jan. 15, 2019) – SCANA Corporation and its subsidiaries, which are becoming Dominion Energy, paid $226.4 million in taxes to counties for property assessed in South Carolina in 2018. This is approximately $17 million more than the previous year.
“The taxes that we pay on the company’s power stations, electric lines, substations, real estate, and other assets in our service territory are essential funds for counties throughout South Carolina,” said Iris Griffin, vice president, Financial Management & Integration for the Southeast Energy Group, the new business segment with Dominion Energy. “By providing monetary support for schools, law enforcement agencies, fire departments and other critical public services, the positive economic impact is seen throughout the communities we serve.”
Richland and Lexington counties received the largest payments at more than $43 million each, followed by Fairfield County at more than $35 million. Other significant tax payments included the following counties (approximations):
- Aiken County - $10.6 million
- Allendale County - $1.4 million
- Bamberg County - $2.2 million
- Barnwell County - $2.1 million
- Beaufort County - $6.5 million
- Berkeley County - $10.6 million
- Calhoun County - $3.3 million
- Charleston County - $21.6 million
- Colleton County - $3.4 million
- Dorchester County - $6.4 million
- Edgefield County - $1.6 million
- Florence County - $1.3 million
- Hampton County - $2.9 million
- Horry County - $1.0 million
- Jasper County - $6.1 million
- Newberry County - $1.6
- Orangeburg County - $15.0 million
- Saluda County - $1.5 million
- Sumter County-$1.0 million
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a regulated public utility engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 728,000 customers in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 374,000 customers throughout the state.
About Dominion Energy
Nearly 7.5 million customers in 18 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from Dominion Energy (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The company is committed to sustainable, reliable, affordable, and safe energy and is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy with about $100 billion of assets providing electric generation, transmission and distribution, as well as natural gas storage, transmission, distribution, and import/export services. As one of the nation's leading solar operators, the company intends to reduce its carbon intensity 60 percent by 2030.
Through its Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, as well as EnergyShare and other programs, Dominion Energy contributed more than $30 million in 2018 to community causes throughout its footprint and beyond. Please visit www.DominionEnergy.com, to learn more.