- Program offers financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent of total project costs to non-residential electric service customers.
- Nearly 1,800 small business customers have received more than $5.5 million in incentives.
- Available to small businesses and nonprofit organizations with five or fewer electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kilowatt hours or less.
CAYCE, S.C. — Small businesses and nonprofit organizations throughout South Carolina continue to benefit from SCE&G’s Small Business Energy Solutions Program. The program has provided more than $5.5 million in incentives since 2014, helping customers grow their companies and expand their reach.
“We’re committed to helping small businesses and nonprofit organizations save energy and money,” said Program Manager Annika Goodson. “We’re constantly looking for ways to provide our customers with even more energy-saving products, so we’ve expanded our LED lighting options to include tubular LED bulbs.”
Key program benefits include:
- Free, on-site energy analysis of lighting or refrigeration usage.
- Simple, cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help manage lighting or refrigeration-related expenses.
- Financial incentives that cover up to 80 percent (not to exceed $6,000) of the cost of most lighting or refrigeration retrofit projects with a fast return on investment.
- Pre-qualified contractors to perform the work at the convenience of the business, as well as removal and environmentally friendly disposal of old fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
The program is available to SCE&G’s small business and small, nonprofit customers with five or fewer SCE&G electric accounts and an annual energy use of 350,000 kilowatt hours or less. For information about how to participate, contact SCE&G’s program contractors at 877-784-7234 or visit sceg.com/smallbusiness.
SCE&G also offers the EnergyWise for Your Business Program, which provides incentives for energy-efficient equipment measures, including other lighting and HVAC upgrades to commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers of any size. To learn more about EnergyWise for Your Business, visit sceg.com/foryourbusiness or call 877-784-7234.
Based in Cayce, S.C., South Carolina Electric & Gas Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dominion Energy. The regulated public utility is engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 731,000 customers in the central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The company also provides natural gas service to approximately 379,000 customers throughout the state. Please visit www.sceg.com to learn more.
About Dominion Energy
Nearly 7.5 million customers in 18 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from Dominion Energy (NYSE: D), headquartered in Richmond, Va. The company is committed to sustainable, reliable, affordable and safe energy and is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy with about $100 billion of assets providing electric generation, transmission and distribution, as well as natural gas storage, transmission, distribution and import/export services. As one of the nation's leading solar operators, the company
intends to reduce its carbon intensity 60 percent by 2030. Through its Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation, as well as EnergyShare and other programs, Dominion Energy contributed nearly $35 million in 2018 to community causes. Please visit www.DominionEnergy.com to learn more.