You appear to be using a small screen.

Visit Mobile Site

Why Lighting is Important

Traditional incandescent bulbs only use 10% of the energy they consume to create light. The other 90% simply adds heat to the room. Incanescents are being phased out in favor of more efficient and long-lived alternatives which can help you save energy every day.

CFL Bulb

CFL Bulbs

ENERGY STAR® qualified compact flourescent bulbs (CFLs) come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.

CFL bulbs can last 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs, and can save up to $40 in electricity costs over their lifetime.*

LED Bulb

LED Bulbs

ENERGY STAR qualified light-emitting diode bulbs (LEDs) are available for many household applications.

LED bulbs can last for up to 22 years — 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs - and can save up to $50 in electricity costs over their lifetime.*

illustration-EnergyStarLogo

*Energy cost savings are estimates only and may vary by usage and current rates. For additional details on savings estimates, please see the ENERGY STAR CFL calculator. Select the right bulb for your home with the ENERGY STAR Choose a Light Guide or watch Ask the Expert: How to Choose a Light Blub.