Find out how to take advantage of rebates when you purchase high efficiency equipment, or make selected energy efficiency improvements.
- Replacing older, less efficient equipment with ENERGY STAR qualified equipment can reduce energy use and cost, and improve your home’s comfort.
- Asking your contractor to inspect and evaluate your home's duct system and seal, insulate, and/or repair it as needed can maximize the efficiency of your new equipment.
- You must be an SCE&G electric residential customer to be eligible.
- Rebates vary according to the type and efficiency level of the equipment installed.
- Newly installed heating and cooling equipment must be of the same type as the unit being replaced.
- While South Carolina code requires duct leakage testing with a duct blaster for complete duct replacement, SCE&G also requires the same testing for duct sealing.
- This program does not allow fuel switching. (Example: Central air conditioners must be replaced with central air conditioners and heat pumps must be replaced with heat pumps. Converting from a central air conditioner, gas furnace, or gas pack to an electric heat pump does not qualify for the rebate.)
- This program does not provide rebates for new equipment that does not replace old equipment of the same type. Ground source heat pumps do not qualify for rebates.
Natural Gas Rebates
Converting to a natural gas? You may be eligible for up to a $200 bill credit.
Questions & Answers