Earn a $200 bill credit when you convert to natural gas heat or water heat, and a $50 bill credit when you convert to natural gas cooking or logs.
Available Rebates / Tax Credits
|Convert to ||Rebate |
|Natural Gas Heating System ||$200 bill credit |
|Natural Gas Water Heater (Tank or Tankless) ||$200 bill credit |
|Natural Gas Cooktop ||$50 bill credit |
|Natural Gas Logs ||$50 bill credit |
|Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater ||$300 tax credit |
- More energy-efficient methods of heating water compared to conventional electric resistance water heaters.
- Natural gas appliances are more cost-effective to operate, last longer and require less maintenance.
How to apply for a $300 Tax Credit
- The tax credit for natural gas tankless water heaters is effective through December 31, 2016. The water heater must be installed in your "principal residence" between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2016. For more details, visit Energy.gov.
- The water heater needs to have an Energy Factor of at least .82 OR a Thermal Efficiency of at least 90%. New construction and rentals do not apply. You must have a Manufacturer's Certification Statement to qualify.
- Check with your tax advisor to see if you are able to claim a credit on your upcoming federal tax returns using Form 5695.
Additional conditions and restrictions apply.