Earn a $200 bill credit when you convert to natural gas heat or water heat, and a $50 bill credit when you convert to natural gas cooking or logs.
Available Bill Credits
|Convert to ||Bill Credit |
|Natural Gas Heating System ||$200 |
|Natural Gas Water Heater (Tank or Tankless) ||$200 |
|Natural Gas Cooktop ||$50 |
|Natural Gas Logs ||$50 |
- More energy-efficient methods of heating water compared to conventional electric resistance water heaters.
- Natural gas appliances are more cost-effective to operate, last longer and require less maintenance.
How to apply for a $300 Tax Credit
- The tax credit for natural gas tankless water heaters is effective through December 31, 2016. The water heater must be installed in your "principal residence" between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2016. For more details, visit Energy.gov.
- The water heater needs to have an Energy Factor of at least .82 OR a Thermal Efficiency of at least 90%. New construction and rentals do not apply. You must have a Manufacturer's Certification Statement to qualify.
- Apply by filling out the File Tax Form 5695 with your tax return.
Additional conditions and restrictions apply.